PUSH LIVING STORE
Women’s Skin Protection Shorts Wheelchair Users
Follow the link for size, below description in Clothes Category
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items:
Downloadable software products
Some health and personal care items
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable)
Book with obvious signs of use
CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record that has been opened
Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com .
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
To return your product, you should send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for shipping address.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Women’s Skin Protection Shorts | Wheelchair Users | Pressure Sores, Ulcers
- Patented technology reduces harmful friction and shear, protecting skin at risk for pressure sores (“pressure ulcers” or “decubitus ulcers”).
- The comfort of yoga shorts with the benefits of skin protection. Comfortable, breathable fabric keeps skin cool and dry.
- Built-in tummy control with comfortable, yoga-style waistband. Tapered thigh contour designed for wheelchair users, especially those with spinal cord injury, to accommodate muscle atrophy.
- Long, non-binding thigh cuff keeps shorts in place when you transfer or move in your chair. High back panel for greater coverage when you transfer or move in your chair.
- Can be worn as base layer, or over incontinence brief or compression garment. 100% cotton liner.
- Try GlideWear Women’s Skin Protection Shorts, risk free with our 30-Day, 100% Money-Back Guarantee. Durable, high-quality craftsmanship — made in the USA. Easy to care for and machine washable.
Pressures sores can be painful and difficult to heal — and can negatively impact your quality of life. Left untreated, pressure sores (also called “pressure ulcers,” “bed sores,” “pressure points,” or “decubitus ulcers”) can lead to months of bed rest and even hospitalization. GlideWear Skin Protection Underwear are designed for people who spend much of the day sitting or laying down, especially people with with reduced sensation (lack of feeling) below their waist. The GlideWear zone protects the buttocks, tailbone, coccyx, sacrum, and ischial tuberosities (“sit bones”) from the harmful friction and shear which cause pressure sores.
GlideWear Skin Protection Shorts use a patented, dual-layer fabric technology to protect skin and reduce the friction and shear that cause pressure sores. Seams are very flat and strategically placed away from high-risk areas. The result is a comfortable, breathable pair of shorts that protects you from the friction and shear that redness, pressure sores, and skin breakdown.
“I immediately felt a difference in how my skin felt after getting into my wheelchair in the morning… I have noticed a significant reduction in red marks on my skin and heat rash bumps were all but gone. I have since ordered six additional pairs.” — Customer in Minnesota
When you buy GlideWear Skin Protection Shorts, you’re not just buying a pair of shorts. You’re buying a tool that reduces the friction and shear that cause debilitating pressure sores.
GlideWear Skin Protection Shorts are Ideal for:
- Wheelchair users who are at risk for redness, pain, or bed sores on the buttocks or tailbone — especially those with spinal cord injury and/or reduced sensation
- Seniors with limited mobility who spend much of the day in bed, sitting, or using a wheelchair
- People recovering from surgery who are temporarily bed-bound
The Cost of Pressure Sore
Pressure sores can be life threatening. (Christopher Reeve, best known as “Superman,” died of pressure sore-related complications.) Pressure sores, which often start out as red marks on bony parts of your tailbone area, can go from non-existent to debilitating in a matter of hours. They’re especially common in people with reduced sensation, including those with spinal cord injury. Pressure sores significantly reduce wheelchair users’ and seniors’ mobility and quality of life. They can mean you’re at home, in bed, instead of going to work or spending time with your family. Even in a young, healthy person, a pressure sore can take months — or even years — to heal. During those months, someone with a pressure sore is often on mandatory bed rest for the majority of the day. Being proactive about pressure sores is essential.
When you buy GlideWear Skin Protection Shorts, you’re not just buying a pair of shorts. You’re buying a tool that reduces the friction and shear that cause painful, debilitating pressure sores. If you get one pressure sore, you’re at a higher risk for getting another one in the future. Try GlideWear Shorts, risk-free. Put GlideWear to the test. Use your GlideWear Women’s Skin Protection Shorts for up to 30 days, risk free. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, return your GlideWear products for a full refund. We guarantee that GlideWear products will be free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use for a period of one year from the original purchase date. Read all guarantee and warranty information. Don’t wait. Invest in a long-term skin protection solution – buy GlideWear Shorts today.
Pressure Sore Facts
- Up to 79% of people with spinal cord injury who get one pressure sore will get another one. (Source)
- A pressure sore can develop in as little as 2 hours. (Source)
- A pressure sore can keep you out of your chair, on bed rest, and at home for months. (Source)
- Young, healthy people get pressure sores, too.
- Up to 30% of people with spinal cord injury have a pressure sore right now. (Source)
- It costs $20,900 to $151,700 to treat one pressure ulcer. (Source)
- Preventing Pressure Injuries: Intervention with the Adjunctive Treatment of a Textile Friction Reduction Material. Frank Aviles, Jr., PT, CWS, FACCWS, CLT, Natchitoches Regional Medical Center, Natchitoches, LA.
- IAD: Can Reducing Friction and Shear Heal and Prevent Recurrence? Sheila Howes-Trammel, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CWCN, CCCN, CFCN, CLNC, Hennepin Country Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN.
- Using Strategic Friction Reduction to Prevent and Treat Pressure Injuries. Sheila Howes-Trammel, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CWCN, CCCN, CFCN, CLNC, Hennepin Country Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN.
- Garments for Friction Management for Wheelchair or Extended Bed Surface Users. Mark Payette, CO, ATP; J. Martin Carlson, MS, CPO; Wieland Kaphingst, Dipl.-Ing, BMT. Tamarack Habilitation Technologies, Inc., Minneapolis, MN.